THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES �

Monday, March 9, 2009

My thoughts on euthanasia <(*o*)>

Euthanasia is something that can fill a family with humility because they have to make a desicion with someones life on the line and inevitability they have to make a choice.I think euthanasia is a legitamate way to end an individual's life. I just think that all outcomes must be weighed with good judgement before the conclusion of killing the person has been reached. I think that there are obviously exceptions and those are the circumstances that the people involved are in. If someone is extremely ill, in a coma, and can't lead a normal life then you can consider euthanasia an option. Another exception is how long my past example has been going on. If someone has been in a coma for a week then you might want to be more reluctant towards euthanasia. But if someone has been in a coma for seventeen years and they've become an appendage to the hospital, it's probably time to give up.

2 comments:

Dakota said...

I agree with you, Jean. I think that all consequences should be weighed, before a decision is made because death is a thing that can not be reversed. I think that euthanasia should only performed on a person with absolutely no doubts. I'm sure that you considered this when you talked about "circumstances." I agree that if a person has been in a coma for an extremely long time and has no signs of coming out of the coma, they are costing the hospital money and they are as well costing the family money.

Paul said...

I agree with the conditions that your wrote under which euthanasia is acceptable. If you are thinking about euthanasia as an option for someone that is in pain, then I think that it is okay only if the person in pain agrees with your decision. I also believe that if a person who has been in a vegetative or coma-like state a long amount time doesn't seem like they will recover, then euthanasia would be okay. However, I think that if there is even a slight chance that the person will recover, then the person should be given a chance to recover. Basically, you should think if there is a chance that the person may recover from their coma or pain before you decide if a person should be euthanized or not.